Author Topic: Margaritas and a few sheets...  (Read 857 times)

Offline monteclaro

• Veteran
  • Feedback Rating: (0)
    • View Profile

• Badges: (View All)
    Cigar DB Posts - Bronze Cigar Reviewer - Bronze
Margaritas and a few sheets...
« on: 06/19/2007 01:29 PM »
We went out to dinner to a Mexican place last night with some neighbors.  Had a few Margaritas (damn good btw) and decided to have a few more with a couple of Partagas Aristocrats back at my neighbors house.  By the time we lit up, I as at least a sheet and a half to the wind, but the cigar was really good with the Margarita.  My first thought was that is would be a nasty mix cause its so sweet and sour but it was good...or I was just plain hammered  :martini:

JF

Offline SenorPablo

• Administrator
  • Elite Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (+22)
    • View Profile

Cigar Geeks Admin CRA Member Cigar Photos Poster - Silver Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Silver Trader - Bronze Troops Supporter
RE: Margaritas and a few sheets...
« Reply #1 on: 06/19/2007 09:11 PM »
Not sure I would have ever thought that a drink like a Margarita would have been good with a cigar.  Glad it worked out for you.  

But then I had a Blue Moon with a cigar tonight and I wasn't sure how that would have played out given how light and sweet the Blue Moon is.  Wasn't the best choice.  Definitely need something more hoppy in the ber family.

-Paul

Offline tnt956

• Extreme Veteran
    • View Profile

Cigar DB Posts - Bronze Cigar Reviewer - Bronze
« Reply #2 on: 06/20/2007 03:23 PM »
I like Blue Moon but have not had one with a cigar.  It is a light beer and should probably be paired with a mild cigar.

I love this emoticon! :beer:   Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Beeeeeeeerrrrr!

Offline pieman

• Regular
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 10/17/2007 08:38 PM »
gonna bring up a dea thread but I myself had a few with a RP vintage 1990 and I must say the pairing was fantastic.
www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday