Author Topic: Martini's anyone?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Duker511

• Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (0)
    • View Profile

• Badges: (View All)
    Cigar DB Posts - Silver Cigar Reviewer - Silver
RE: Martini's anyone?
« Reply #15 on: 02/18/2008 08:33 PM »
mhuss - 2/17/2008  5:10 PM

Duker511 - 2/17/2008  1:22 PM
but for me there is nothing like a stoggie and a Guiness.

Guinness has a pretty heavy flavor to it.  Not a heavy body, but heavy flavors.  Doesn't that get in the way of the flavors of the cigar?

The only alcohol I drink is the occational Guiness. I found that it does get in the way of the flavor of the cigar. That is what I like about it. Im not saying that it makes a bad cigar taste better or anything, but it does make some interesting flavors. Guiness does make some cigars taste better, belive it or not. Id better shut up now before one of you guys steal my idea. (Guiness infused cigars)

« Last Edit: 02/18/2008 08:35 PM by Duker511 »
Tim

Offline Bob Cordell

• Elite Guru
  • Feedback Rating: (+25)
    • View Profile

Cigar Reviewer - Gold Trader - Bronze
« Reply #16 on: 02/18/2008 08:58 PM »
I have to agree, theres nothing better than a good cigar with a Guiness Stout. I prefer a dark maduro to compliment the strong  taste of the brew.

The stout flavor of  the beer and strong flavor of the cigar is a great combination!

:sad:
« Last Edit: 02/18/2008 08:59 PM by Bob Cordell »
" Rabbit vibrators have gotten an overhaul since their own inception"

Offline ljlemer

• Guru
  • Feedback Rating: (+14)
    • View Profile

Cigar Geeks Admin CRA Member Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Gold
« Reply #17 on: 02/18/2008 11:48 PM »
mhuss - 2/17/2008  11:19 PM

ljlemer - 2/17/2008  5:20 PM
What food flavors interfere?

I'm not sure what you're asking, Larry.  Are you asking me if any food flavors interfere with a Guinness?  Or am I way off base here?

You are all talking about how drinks interact with cigars. How does food? What improves a smoke, what ruins it?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Offline Duker511

• Expert
    • View Profile

Cigar DB Posts - Silver Cigar Reviewer - Silver
« Reply #18 on: 02/19/2008 06:48 AM »
As most probably know, theres not much better than a smoke after you eat. I havent noticed any food really going well with a cigar,except maybe snacks,like pretzels. I did however notice that spicy food seems to make a cigar bitter if you smoke to soon after eating. For instance, I recently got some El Mejor Emeralds,and the other night I stopped at KFC and got some of their sauseless hotwings. The wings were spicy, but not hot enough to linger for long. Right after I ate them I lit one of the El Mejors,and it was bitter. The bitterness went away halfway through the smoke,and the next one I smoked was great.(no bitterness)
Tim

Offline mhuss

• Expert
    • View Profile

Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Silver
« Reply #19 on: 02/19/2008 10:46 AM »
You are all talking about how drinks interact with cigars. How does food? What improves a smoke, what ruins it?[/QUOTE]

Do you eat while you are smoking a cigar?  I tend not to.  Actually, it's not something I've ever tried.  If you do eat while enjoying a cigar, what do you have?  Is it a whole meal, or just snack-type stuff?

Offline ljlemer

• Guru
  • Feedback Rating: (+14)
    • View Profile

Cigar Geeks Admin CRA Member Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Gold
« Reply #20 on: 02/19/2008 01:22 PM »
mhuss - 2/19/2008  12:46 PM

You are all talking about how drinks interact with cigars. How does food? What improves a smoke, what ruins it?

Do you eat while you are smoking a cigar?  I tend not to.  Actually, it's not something I've ever tried.  If you do eat while enjoying a cigar, what do you have?  Is it a whole meal, or just snack-type stuff?[/QUOTE]

Food that stays in your mouth, often drying it also, like fried pork rinds or peanuts, can interfere. I don't really eat and smoke, but I like to stick my 2 cents into every thread and since I don't drink, but I do eat, I felt the need to alter the course of the conversation in order to say something that appeared relevant while not being so at all. I hope that answers your question. I love to obfuscate, in fact, obfuscation is easily accomplished simply by using the word in a sentence.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Offline mhuss

• Expert
    • View Profile

Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Silver
« Reply #21 on: 02/19/2008 09:58 PM »
ljlemer - 2/19/2008  3:22 PM
I love to obfuscate, in fact, obfuscation is easily accomplished simply by using the word in a sentence.

Sometimes, obfuscating is easier done than said!   :shades:

Offline FNA

• Extreme Veteran
    • View Profile

Cigar Reviewer - Bronze
« Reply #22 on: 02/19/2008 11:29 PM »
I see rum is very popular these days.

I think that's great.  maybe they will stop making so many super-premium tequilas now which suck up the agave supply, because they are so high profit,  and accordingly drive the price of even Pancho Wilco (the house brand of a a local retailer, Roger Wilco) through the roof.

Anejo?  Reposado?  Give me a searing Blanco, baby!

Offline FNA

• Extreme Veteran
    • View Profile

Cigar Reviewer - Bronze
« Reply #23 on: 02/19/2008 11:32 PM »
Well, they do have cigar dinners of course.  you could probably find reference (and a menu) on the 'net.