Author Topic: RP vintage 1990 and...  (Read 680 times)

Offline pieman

• Regular
  • Feedback Rating: (0)
    • View Profile

• Badges: (View All)
RP vintage 1990 and...
« on: 10/17/2007 08:43 PM »
If you ever get the chance and enjoy wine might I suggest a bottle of any red wine from the "DAO" region of Portugal. Or if you have deep pockets nothing beats a bottle of Brunello di Montalcino. What do others tend to drink with the Rocky vintage series?
« Last Edit: 10/17/2007 08:44 PM by pieman »
www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

Offline SenorPablo

• Administrator
  • Elite Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (+22)
    • View Profile

• Badges: (View All)
    Cigar Geeks Admin CRA Member Cigar Photos Poster - Silver Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Silver Trader - Bronze Troops Supporter
RE: RP vintage 1990 and...
« Reply #1 on: 10/17/2007 08:58 PM »
pieman - 10/17/2007  10:43 PM

If you ever get the chance and enjoy wine might I suggest a bottle of any red wine from the "DAO" region of Portugal. Or if you have deep pockets nothing beats a bottle of Brunello di Montalcino. What do others tend to drink with the Rocky vintage series?

I'm a pretty big fan of red wine - mostly California Cabs, some Merlots, some Zins, and a little Pinot.  Can't really get into the whites.  But if i'm drinking with a cigar then I usually like to have a bolder beer (hoppy) or a good Cab.  The last RP I had was with a bottle of Avalon or Benziger - good inexpensive Cabs.

Although i do occassionally buy non-california wines - most recently Italian and Chilean.  I can't remember having on from Portugal.  I'll look out for DAO.

-Paul