Author Topic: It's sad this is what gives St. Louis a horrible rep  (Read 163 times)

Offline johncw

• Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (+47)
    • View Profile

• Badges: (View All)
    CRA Member Bomber - Bronze Cigar Photos Poster - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Bronze Trader - Silver Troops Supporter
It's really sad because there are so many good things about St. Louis and this kind of thing is just horrible.

CNN Headlines and everything.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/10/report-michael-brown-protesters-damage-police-vehicles-on-west-florissant/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Offline Kman

• Elite Veteran
  • Feedback Rating: (+41)
    • View Profile

CRA Member Bomber - Bronze Cigar Photos Poster - Silver Cigar Places Poster - Bronze Trader - Silver Troops Supporter
Re: It's sad this is what gives St. Louis a horrible rep
« Reply #1 on: 08/11/2014 06:16 AM »
It's kind of like "bad fans" in sports John.... as much as you hate to admit it, it happens everywhere.

And something like this where a teen was shot by a cop, right or wrong, are always going to add napalm to the fire.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Offline DonM

• Extreme Guru
  • Feedback Rating: (+34)
    • View Profile

CRA Member Bomber - Bronze Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Gold Trader - Bronze Troops Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 08/11/2014 06:44 AM »
The investigation will be key in guilt, but when you go after the gun of an officer, IMO you get what you asked for, the other end of it. It isn't a good excuse for violence and looting either. The family has already retained the attorney from the Trayvon Martin case and Jesse and Al will surely stick their noses in the whole mess

Just because you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town  - George Carlin

Offline johncw

• Expert
    • View Profile

CRA Member Bomber - Bronze Cigar Photos Poster - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Bronze Trader - Silver Troops Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 08/11/2014 06:45 AM »
I hate to hear that any young adult gets shot by the police. It does sound excessive based on reports. I will NEVER understand how looting businesses comes to mind as the correct course of action for any reason. A lot of those areas already look run down and now it will will just look worse. I just can't understand wanting to ruin the town you live in.

Offline johncw

• Expert
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 08/11/2014 06:46 AM »
DonM - 8/11/2014  9:44 AM

. The family has already retained the attorney from the Trayvon Martin case and Jesse and Al will surely stick their noses in the whole mess

yea my wife and I were just talking about that. I would imagine the lawyers for the Martin case called the family up right away.

Offline nwb

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Guru
  • Feedback Rating: (+210)
    • View Profile

Cigar Geeks Admin CRA Member Bomber - Silver Cigar Pass Moderator - Bronze Cigar Places Poster - Silver Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Gold Trader - Gold Troops Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 08/11/2014 07:24 AM »
Kman - 8/11/2014  10:16 AM
And something like this where a teen was shot by a cop, right or wrong, are always going to add napalm to the fire.

Exactly.  And the press likes to stoke that fire.
Chief of Shaft
Twitter: @nwbonick

Offline Mojo66

• Extreme Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (+40)
    • View Profile

CRA Member Bomber - Bronze Cigar Photos Poster - Silver Cigar Places Poster - Gold Trader - Silver Troops Supporter
« Reply #6 on: 08/11/2014 07:39 AM »
It is real sad. One or two rotten apples in a crowd are enough to turn a peaceful demonstration into a brawl.

That's human nature for you.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Offline gitfiddl

• Elite Guru
  • Feedback Rating: (+46)
    • View Profile

CRA Member Bomber - Bronze Cigar Places Poster - Bronze Cigar DB Posts - Silver Cigar Reviewer - Gold Trader - Bronze
johncw - 8/11/2014  10:46 AM

DonM - 8/11/2014  9:44 AM

. The family has already retained the attorney from the Trayvon Martin case and Jesse and Al will surely stick their noses in the whole mess

yea my wife and I were just talking about that. I would imagine the lawyers for the Martin case called the family up right away.

Because they were just so damned outstanding in that one...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".