Author Topic: CASA MAGNA COLORADO ROBUSTO  (Read 642 times)

Offline mountedshriner

• Extreme Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (+23)
    • View Profile

• Badges: (View All)
    Cigar Reviewer - Silver Trader - Bronze
CASA MAGNA COLORADO ROBUSTO
« on: 01/30/2009 05:24 PM »
I finally got the chance to burn up a CMCR this after noon (check out my review) and I was not that impressed! I have read multiple reviews on line about this great cigar and all the subtle nuances that it possessed. Not impressed guys. I hate to open that ERDM “can of worms comparison” but the CMCR couldn’t hold up against an ERDM, no way, no how, no where. I was expecting much more from the cigar rated #! by CA. :sad:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Offline BlackIrish

• Elite Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (+81)
    • View Profile

Bomber - Bronze Cigar Places Poster - Silver Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Gold Trader - Gold Troops Supporter
RE: CASA MAGNA COLORADO ROBUSTO
« Reply #1 on: 01/30/2009 06:34 PM »
Like many, I've been curious about these myself.  They're not so easy to find -- not supposed to be sold on the internet, I've read, and not available in the one local B&M I checked.  I'll pick one up someday, but in the meantime I won't feel like I'm missing out on the best cigar on earth.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Offline bslatner

• Veteran
  • Feedback Rating: (0)
    • View Profile

Cigar DB Posts - Bronze Cigar Reviewer - Bronze
« Reply #2 on: 01/31/2009 05:09 PM »
I have some of these on order from CI...but they're back ordered. Supposed to be 3-4 weeks before I get them.

Offline podman28

• Expert
  • Feedback Rating: (+10)
    • View Profile

Cigar Places Poster - Gold Cigar DB Posts - Gold Cigar Reviewer - Gold
« Reply #3 on: 01/31/2009 09:18 PM »
At my place we have a box or so of the Gran Robustos I believe. They are a mighty large 58 ring guage. I could always get them and ship if anyone really wants one or two or ..... well you know.

Offline Sticks

• Elite Veteran
  • Feedback Rating: (0)
    • View Profile

Cigar Reviewer - Gold
« Reply #4 on: 01/31/2009 09:43 PM »
I got one of those at the Cigar Fest in Vegas. I was drooling over it until I couldn't wait anymore. I had it in there from early November and I finally lit it up at the beginning of the month. It was a major disappointment. Poor draw, and almost non existant flavor. It was at times a hint of chocolate and a little tobacco but not much and you do draw a great comparison with ERDM. That is my yardstick for comparison as I think it is also for Bob Cordell.